UN GATE, Sept 25 â On the fourth day of
this UN General Assembly High Level week, Inner City Press
was invited to enter for an event In Defense of
International Law. I went, and tweeted:
I am here at UN with a ticket to attend an
event on intetnational law - But UN security says I can't
enter - audio on SoundCloud here
UN Security refused to speak with organizer
of the event, The Hague Group. Said they should speak with
UN Security Planning unit, a "Lorian Dorfu" - or to
UN Spokesperson Stephane Dujarric. [But he doesn't answer
my emails.]
I arrived at 47 St and 1st Ave gate with
Center for Constitional Rights' Katie Gallagher. She went
in: I am still out on 1st Ave. Spoke with Susana
Malcorra too...
UN Security judt waved in a guy who said, "
I want to see the straw poll." Then my phone went dead
Blocked at UN gate despite having invite to event in international human rights - waited at gate 2 hours, phone went dead but I took 8 pages of notes 1/x https://t.co/uRQjTaKPut pic.twitter.com/I1tCkhp2LB
â Inner City Press (@innercitypress) September 25, 2026
Later from "Press Island" - Blocked at UN
gate despite having invite to event in international human
rights - waited at gate 2 hours, phone went dead but I
took 8 pages of notes
While at UN's 47th Street gate for 2 hours
after being told "You're banned," I watched and took notes
on the entrance of military officials with medals on,
three cases of wine and four whole pizzas, an African
diplomat who greeted me by name
Two journalists, seeing me blocked at
gate, asked "You good?" And rushed past. An international
lawyer from CCR who was allowed in asked, UNCA didn't help
you? Uh, no
A man stopped and offered me some charge
off his phone but it didn't take. I thanked him, continued
to wait for International Law help. A large delegation
from Papua New Guinea was waived through, amid beeps and
auto-voiced "card rejected"s. No matter! They were waived
in
People began approaching me with passports
splayed open, as if I were a guard. Let em in! SDG Zone
hipster, a man with a soccer ball & a program, another
who said, "I'm here for the straw poll" for Next SG.
Where do the candidates stand on confirmed
ban of Press?
More / Sept 25 extra on X for Subscribers
here and Substack here