| Salvadoran
Man Convicted of Crime of
Moral Turpitude with Child Has
Habeas by Initials
by
Matthew Russell Lee, Patreon Book
Substack SDNY
COURTHOUSE,
Aug 25 รข A man from El
Salvador who pled guilty to a
habeas corpus petition in the
U.S. District Court for the
Southern District of New York,
where Inner City Press found
it. On August
25 SDNY Judge Vernon S.
Broderick held a hearing.
Inner City Press live tweeted
it: Judge Broderick:
So is it the Government's
position that the forbearance
agreement is not the same as a
stay, and that immigration
officials could move the
petitioner? AUSA: Correct.
But we are aware of your
orders Judge Broderick:
I have not been following the
Black case at the Supreme
Court. Where does it stand? AUSA: Cert was
granted, and briefing is
pending. Judge: Are the
immigration detainees mixed? Petitioner's
lawyer: I believe they are
held separately in Orange
County Jail, but I'm not sure.
I can submit a letter AUSA: I just want
to say, given his previous
conviction for crime of moral
turpitude with a child, that's
why no hearing has been given
or requested. Beyond the
sexual course of conduct
conviction there is also
driving while intoxicated [In the docket:
"This individual is currently
listed in the NYS Sex Offender
Registry.] Petitioner's
lawyer: We'd like to proceed
anonymously More on X
for Subscribers here
and Substack here The case is L.M.
v. Mullin, et al.,
1:26-cv-5875 (Broderick)
*** Your
support means a lot. As little as $5 a month
helps keep us going and grants you access to
exclusive bonus material on our Patreon
page. Click
here to become a patron.
Feedback:
Editorial [at] innercitypress.com Mail: Box 130222, Chinatown Station,
NY NY 10013 Other, earlier Inner City Press are listed here, and some are available in the ProQuest service, and now on Lexis-Nexis. Copyright 2006-2026 Inner City
Press, Inc. To request reprint or other
permission, e-contact Editorial [at]
innercitypress.com |