Saturday, November 13, 2021

In Rittenhouse Trial Livestreamer Testifies Rosenbaum Said Shoot Me, Flaming Dumpster

 

By Matthew Russell Lee, Patreon
BBC - Guardian UK - Honduras - ESPN

SDNY COURTHOUSE, Nov 11 – In the trial of Kyle Rittenhouse in Kenosha, Wisconsin on Veterans Day the defense's use of force expert, a Kenosha police officer and a live streamer were on the stand. Inner City Press live tweeted it here:

Now in Rittenhouse Trial, cross examination of use of force expert John Black by prosecutor Thomas Binger, who made a series of objections during defense laywer Mark Richards's direct examination.

Prosecutor Binger: How much have you billed the defense? Black: A little over $9000.

Binger: I'd like to see the report I requested before I conclude my cross. Richards: We'll put on another witness. Judge Bruce Schroeder: That'd be great.

Prosecutor Binger (on cross) - Are you familiar with guns of this type?

Kenosha police officer Brittni Bray: Yes. Binger: If there were ammo in the magazine and you re-racked it, it would refire? Bray: Correct. Binger: That's all I have.

 Next witness. Drew Hernandez: I'm with Real America's Voice. A detective did reach out to me. They wanted my footage but it wouldn't fit in the Dropbox link. Anyway I was covering other riots, in Portland and elsewhere. So I lost track.

Rittenhouse 2d chair Corey Chirafisi: You saw Mr. Rittenhouse come out from Car Source 2? Hernandez: Yes.

 Chirafisi: What was he doing? Hernandez: Trying to de-escalate. Chirafisi: Did you see Mr. Rosenbaum?

Hernandez: Yes, he was pushing a flaming dumpster. Inner City Press @innercitypress · 1h Chirafisi: And what did Mr. Rosenbaum do after that? Hernandez: He was triggered --

Chirafisi: Why do you say that? Did you see him do anything? Hernandez: He led the charge into the gas station. He was getting physically aggressive, he said "N-word shoot me."

 Hernandez: After the dumpster fire was put out, Mr. Rosenbaum and others turn their attention to the individuals in the gas station with rifles.

Chirafisi: Then what? Hernandez: After I documented another fire in a mechanic's shop for about 20 minutes, I came back and Rosenbaum had his identity concealed... Kyle asked if anyone needed medical. It's not on this body cam footage but I heard it myself

 Chirifisi: Did you hear someone say "F*ck you"? Hernandez: Yes. Chirifisi: Did you make out who it was? Hernandez: Not then, but -- Chirifisi: So let's move forward.

Hernandez: Rosenbaum was charging Kyle, lunging toward him. And Kyle fires.

Binger: You film with a phone, and body cam. But what we watched has only one POV. Who edited it? Hernandez: I did. Binger: You combined two into one? Hernandez: The jury could see both. Binger: Let's see Exhibit 151. Play it again.

 Binger: Did you splice them together? Hernandez: I don't know if I spliced it. Binger: It's an old term. Did you retain an attorney in Madison?

Defense: Objection!

Judge: What is the relevance?

Binger: Bias.

Judge: Lunch break.

 [With jury out to lunch] Judge: Maybe he hired a lawyer because he has the copyright to this footage. Binger: He hired a lawyer to provide this evidence. The lawyer was the intermediary - the lawyer is with the same firm that represents one of their witnesses.

 Chirafisi: That lawyer was just to do a phone extract. I think it's called Cellebrite. Judge: If I had to extract a cell phone [laughs] I'd have to hire someone. This will be a closely watched door.

***

@SDNYLIVE courthouse #CourtCastCast
                              200 Worth Street
Your support means a lot. As little as $5 a month helps keep us going and grants you access to exclusive bonus material on our Patreon page. Click here to become a patron.